We’re Hiring!Become our Outreach & Marketing Coordinator
Are you passionate about local food? Are you excited about building community?
Read on about our Outreach Coordinator position!
The Wasatch Cooperative Market is working hard to grow our member-owner community. We need a strong base of member-owners to open and sustain our community-owned grocery store. The Outreach Coordinator role is a part-time (20 hrs per week) position that will be responsible for building up memberships in the co-op through various means of community outreach including planning events, developing relationships with local businesses and community members, and utilizing digital/social media. The Outreach Coordinator will need to make use of the time and skills available from Board members, owners, and volunteers to complete project activities.
Candidates for this position must be passionate about co-ops and have excellent communication, management and team-building skills to coordinate with the Board, working committees, Co-op owners, prospective owners, stakeholders, and community. They must be reliably available to come up with ideas, implement them, and follow them through to completion. They must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work in a group. They must be able to take direction from the Board and provide direction to the Board and to others.
This role is a 20 hour per week position reporting to the Wasatch Cooperative Market Board of Directors. Candidates must have a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, especially during the summer months. Occasional local travel may be required. Candidates will be responsible for their own transportation.
- Lead and coordinate the Outreach team on membership recruitment efforts
- Actively drive Wasatch Cooperative Market’s owner recruitment campaign to meet co-op member-owner goals and milestones as set by the Board of Directors
- Coordinate the planning and execution of outreach/owner recruitment activities and events.
- Plan and coordinate promotional communications through press releases, social media, targeted advertising, presence at local events, etc.
- Develop/maintain procedures to ensure the smooth functioning of the Outreach committee.
- Work with the Board treasurer to create and maintain a budget for Outreach activities and events.
Note that this position may evolve in the future as the Co-op grows.
- Passion for community-building, local food and economy, food accessibility, healthy eating, education, and a cooperative, community-based approach to doing business.
- Excellent organizational skills, preferably including experience working with volunteers. (This job will require the ability to get things done through others.)
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage different types of people. (Current involvement in our local community is a plus.)
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effective knowledge/usage of social media.
Compensation for this role will be $10-$15 per hour based on experience, with cash bonus incentives for hitting membership milestone goals.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to chat about the position, culture, goals, and compensation with you!